Acheson Doyle Partners was engaged by the Co-Cathedral of St. Joseph to restore the 1912 Spanish Colonial style church to its original splendor. The initial phase of this project, exterior restoration, included new slate roofing, copper gutters and leaders, with stand-offs installed on the south-facing roofs to accommodate future solar panels. The brick and terra-cotta facades were cleaned and repointed, and the stained glass windows were restored by Botti Studio. Portions of the bell towers, structurally unstable and beyond repair, were replicated in cast fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) to match the original terra-cotta. The broad granite entrance steps, cleaned, reset and free of a former fence enclosure, anchor the main facade and create a welcoming street presence.