Acheson Doyle Partners led a complete renovation of the Parish Center of St. Mary Star of the Sea Church, originally built in 1898 with an annexed chapel building dating back to 1855. The project included a restored building envelope, handicap accessibility to all floors, enhanced meeting and event space for the Church on the first floor, as well as rentable space on the cellar and second floors. Exterior rehabilitation included a full roof replacement, restoration and repointing of the masonry facades and replacement of all windows and doors. All building plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire protection systems were upgraded and a new elevator was incorporated into the redesign. The former chapel, which had been subdivided over the years, was restored to a grand space with cathedral ceiling, exposed scissor trusses and decorative lighting. A large first floor meeting room was improved with a vaulted wood ceiling and a catering pantry. The renovated cellar cafeteria and office are well-lit and functional, and the second floor recreation room provides a large, high-ceiling multipurpose space.