College of Mount St. Vincent
Since 1990, Acheson Doyle Partners has been involved in multiple building projects on the campus of the College of Mount Saint Vincent, founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1847. Our assignments have ranged from programming, schematic design and budgeting services to full scope architectural services. ADP provided design services for three campus buildings which are NYC landmarks: Le Gras Hall, the headquarters for the Sisters of Charity, was redesigned after major fire damage, its interior offices and conference center renovated and upgraded and its exterior façade and mansard roof fully restored. Fonthill Castle, home to the College Admissions and the oldest building on campus, had roofing replaced and its original wood windows restored. And the grand portico and stairs to the Administration Building, overlooking the Hudson River, were stabilized and restored. Other projects include the renovation of the Grace Center exercise facility, and the expansion and interior alterations of the Convent Building, which now serves as a retirement facility for elderly nuns of the orders.