Dalva Brother’s, Inc
Acheson Doyle Partners remodeled this 17,000 s.f. Manhattan townhouse for use as a gallery by Dalva Brothers, who specialize in 18th century French antiques. The 1901 building by architect Henry Rutgers Marshall sits within the Upper East Side historic district and was subject to review by the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission. ADP strove to preserve original design elements – including wrought iron work by Wilhelm Hunt Diederich – while incorporating modern amenities and upgrades. The project required a new Certificate of Occupancy for the building, reflecting the change of use from residential to retail. Dalva Brothers successfully opened at their new location in Spring 2007, on time and on budget.