The Metropolitan Club
For the Metropolitan Club—designed by McKim, Mead & White and built in 1896 at Fifth Avenue and 60th Street in midtown Manhattan—Acheson Doyle Partners expanded the guest suites inventory in two phases of summer construction from 1996 to 1998. ADP also designed—in phases from 2000 to 2006—an elegant rooftop member’s lounge and dining room, kitchen facility, and side yard addition to house new elevators, new egress stairs, and back of house storage facilities. These additions were carefully inserted into the Stanford White palazzo style main club building. The rooftop dining addition—a state-of-the-art facility with views of Central Park—opened in December 2006. The multi-million dollar construction work was performed in the existing fully-occupied club building without disruption of the facility’s programs and services.