NPS Morristown Museum
In December 2002, the National Park Service embarked on a major rehabilitation and expansion of the Morristown National Historical Park Morristown Museum. The 10,000 SF three-story stucco building was designed by John Russell Pope and completed in 1936. It was built to mark the founding of the site as the country’s first National Historic Park and to house valuable archival and exhibit material bequeathed to the Park Service. Matthew Barhydt, Principal at Acheson Doyle, was Architect-in-Charge of the rehabilitation of the National Historic Park Morristown Museum from project inception through January 2005 while at Einhorn Yaffee Prescott. In 2008, ADP assisted the National Park Service in completing the historic restoration of the Museum’s auditorium by providing construction drawings, specifications and consulting services.